Integrated marketing communications (IMC) is a process through which organizations accelerate returns by taking a customer-centric approach to aligning their marketing and communication objectives with their business or institutional goals. (Definition provided by Don and Heidi Schulz.)
- 1 What are the 7 steps required when developing an IMC plan?
- 2 What are the steps in a typical IMC plan?
- 3 What are the 5 integrated marketing communications?
- 4 What are the 5 components of IMC?
- 5 What are the 7 steps in effective marketing communication?
- 6 What is the first step in the IMC plan?
- 7 What are the 6 steps in IMC?
- 8 What are the 5 steps to create an integrated marketing communications strategy?
- 9 What is an IMC plan in marketing?
- 10 What are the five traditional marketing communication tools?
- 11 What are the five communication objectives of a promotional IMC plan?
- 12 What integrated marketing communication?
- 13 What are the five components of IMC quizlet?
- 14 What are the components of integrated marketing?
- 15 What are the different elements of an IMC program?
What are the 7 steps required when developing an IMC plan?
Step-by-Step Exploration of the IMC Process
- Step 1: Know Your Audience from Behavioral Data.
- Step 2: Develop a Situational or Contextual Analysis.
- Step 3: Determine Your Marketing Objectives.
- Step 4: Establish Your Budget.
- Step 5: Defining Your Strategies and Tactics.
- Step 6: Evaluation and Measurement.
What are the steps in a typical IMC plan?
Well they are as follows; step one is know your target audience, step two is develop a situation analysis, step three, determine your marketing communication objective, four is determining your budget, then step five is your strategies and tactics, and finally step six, evaluation and measurement.
What are the 5 integrated marketing communications?
As we’ve mentioned previously, Integrated Marketing communications can be used harmoniously with five primary communication tools. These are advertising, direct marketing, internet marketing, sales promotion and public relations.
What are the 5 components of IMC?
Components of IMC include: the foundation, the corporate culture, the brand focus, consumer experience, communications tools, promotional tools, and integration tools.
What are the 7 steps in effective marketing communication?
7 Steps to Developing a Communication Strategy
- Analyze the Initial Situation.
- Define Your Objectives.
- Define Your Target Audience.
- Define Your Messages.
- Define Your Communication Channels.
- Strategic Planning.
- Measuring and Evaluating the Results.
What is the first step in the IMC plan?
Contextual or Situational Analysis The first stage of the IMC planning process is to conduct a situational/ contextual analysis. This can involve a SWOT analysis and an external and internal environmental analysis.
What are the 6 steps in IMC?
6 Steps in the IMC Planning Process
- Step 1: Know your target audience. As a general rule, there is no “general audience”.
- Step 2: Develop a situation analysis.
- Step 3: Determining marketing communication objectives.
- Step 4: Determining your budget.
- Step 5: Strategies and tactics.
- Step 6: Evaluation and measurement.
What are the 5 steps to create an integrated marketing communications strategy?
Five Steps of the IMC Process
- Identify your customers from behavioral data.
- Determine the financial value of your customers and prospects.
- Create and deliver messages and incentives.
- Estimate the return on customer investment (ROCI)
- Budget, allocate, evaluate, and recycle.
What is an IMC plan in marketing?
The American Marketing Association defines IMC as “ a planning process designed to assure that all brand contacts received by a customer or prospect for a product, service, or organization are relevant to that person and consistent over time.”
What are the five traditional marketing communication tools?
The promotional mix is made up of five elements, shown below:
- Advertising (TV, radio, press, PPC) Advertising covers all avenues where a business pays for their message to be broadcast.
- Direct marketing & digital marketing (email, social media, gamification, etc)
- Public relations (PR)
- Personal selling.
- Sales promotion.
What are the five communication objectives of a promotional IMC plan?
IMC has four primary objectives: creating brand awareness, generating product interest, increasing the desire for products and prompting action in the form of a sale.
What integrated marketing communication?
Answer: Integrated marketing communication (IMC) can be defined as the process used to unify marketing communication elements, such as public relations, social media, audience analytics, business development principles, and advertising, into a brand identity that remains consistent across distinct media channels.
What are the five components of IMC quizlet?
What are the 5 core elements of IMC? You just studied 19 terms! Terms in this set (19)
- The message – rational or emotional.
- Tools – promotional mix.
- Media channels – print/broadcast/digital etc.
- People – target audience.
- Context – Sector and industry.
What are the components of integrated marketing?
8 Key Components of Integrated Marketing
- Print Marketing. Even in this digital age, print is an important component of an integrated marketing campaign.
- Banner Ads.
- Landing Pages.
- Email Marketing.
- Social Media.
- Organic Search Engine Marketing.
- Paid Search Engine Marketing.
- Direct Mail Marketing.
What are the different elements of an IMC program?
What are the different elements of an IMC program? Advertising, sales promotion, public relations and personal selling, electronic media, direct marketing.